It’s critical to have what you want to eat on hand when you’re trying to take your health to the next level. When we don’t have something healthy nearby, it’s easy to eat something we later regret. If you’re busy and have a challenge finding time to prepare food, pay special attention to today’s blog.
A game changer for me has been finding ways to prepare meals that each last for several days. This means I have tasty leftovers and I spend less time cooking for myself and my family.
Don’t heat foods in microwaves. Do your research. Use the oven, stove or toaster oven.
Here are three meals and/or snacks you can make for yourself, which should last for several days.
Chicken Thighs and Cauliflower Rice
(Make sure to wash your hands after you handle raw chicken throughout this process)
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a cast iron pan and add the riced cauliflower.
- With a spatula, pat it down tight like you would hashbrowns, on Medium High Heat.
- Season with sea salt, pepper, cumin, and smoked paprika.
- Add 1 tablespoon of unsalted, grass fed butter.
- Mix and pat down again, turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Season the Chicken with sea salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Add 2 teaspoon of coconut oil in a cast iron pan and sear both sides of the chicken on high heat.
- Add ½ cup of white wine to deglaze the bottom of the pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Put the pan in the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes.
Serve the chicken and the pan sauce on the riced cauliflower and enjoy!
Put the following in a strong blender (in the order listed) that can immediately breakdown food.
- ½ of a Red Papaya (also known as Caribbean Papaya)
- 10 Strawberries
- ½ cup of Blueberries
- Half a bag of Kale
- 2 tablespoons of raw almond butter
- 1 cup of either almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons of maca powder
- Enough water to fill have of the blender
Blend together. This should make approx. 3 - 4 servings.
Flourless Banana Blueberry Muffins (makes 20)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease several muffin pans
Mix the following until well blended:
- 4 medium - large ripe bananas
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup unsalted grass fed butter (softened)
- ½ cup almond butter (preferably raw)
Add the following to the above mixture until well blended:
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 2 - 3 tablespoons of organic honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ - 1 cup of blueberries
- Fill each muffin pan halfway
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove and cool
Get Weekly Inspiration
Need an inspirational kick-start from time to time? Enrique sends out short emails once a month, packed with just the right soul power to start your week.