Many people I encounter would like to increase their energy throughout the day and at specific times of their day. There are many pieces to solving this puzzle. Today’s blog, while brief, is potent and evidence-based. I’ve used these tips myself and while there are many more which I’ll write about in the future, these will get you going in a positive direction. Enjoy!
NOTE: The percentages of water below are based on you drinking approximately half your weight in ounces of water per day. For example, if you weigh 200 lbs, you should aim for drinking 100 ounces of water per day.
MORNING ENERGY & CLARITY
- Drink about 35% of your weight in ounces of water (gradually) before 11AM
- Start your day with at least 11 minutes of a metabolic workout
- Eat a high energy breakfast no sooner than 12 hours since your previous dinner
(High Energy breakfast = no bread or sugar and substitute coffee with green tea. A favorite breakfast of mine when I am really going for it, is a smoothie of red papaya, blueberries, kale, almond milk, almond butter, flaxseed meal, matcha powder and some water)
MIDDAY ENERGY & CLARITY
- Drink about 40% of your weight in ounces of water (gradually) before 4pm
- Take a break with at least 9 minutes of a high intensity interval workout (20 seconds of some type of cardio exercise as fast as you can, followed by 10 seconds of rest)
- Focus on small meals in the afternoon consisting of clean proteins and vegetables, ideally raw vegetables.
EVENING ENERGY & CLARITY
- Drink about 25% of your weight in ounces of water (gradually) before your bedtime
- Between 15 - 20 minutes of yoga or pilates
- Attempt to have your dinner by no later than 7pm and focus on a small portion of a clean protein and greens (I suggest an arugula salad with a homemade dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. One serving of arugula has 10 times the amount of calcium that exists in one serving of milk, which I avoid. Other great vegetable options include roasted Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, parsnips, carrots or butternut squash)
Get Weekly Inspiration
Need an inspirational kick-start from time to time? Enrique sends out short emails once a month, packed with just the right soul power to start your week.